It's the festive season, and treats are in order. Not only do these look chic, each decadent truffle houses anti-inflammatory turmeric and cacao with a boost of coconut oil. They are choc-full of skin nutrients and essential fats to give you a glow on the outside, and the inside.
- 1/2 cup soaked sunflower seeds (or any other seeds you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup soaked walnuts (or any other nuts you have on hand)
- 1/2-1 cup dates soaked
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Process the nuts/seeds in the food processor. Keep processing them until you can't see the nuts anymore, but stop processing before they get too soft looking.
2. Add the dates, sea salt and cocoa powder. Process again until everything is well mixed and clumped together.
3. Roll the balls in your hand and form balls. Leave them plain, or roll in your choice of toppings: goji berries, freeze dried raspberries, coconut, cocoa powder, pistachios, matcha green tea, hemp seeds, nuts such as almonds, hazelnuts and varied seeds can be used as well.
Recipe from the good people at Raw Satya.