In keeping with our mission to offer the very best in treatments and technology, MISS FOX is proud to offer the gold-standard in permanent hair reduction, LightSheer Duet High Speed laser, featuring:
- Medical grade 810nm genuine Diode laser.
- Incredibly fast treatments - up to 75% faster than other light-based systems.
- A series of 6-12 treatments for up to 80% hair reduction, for most patients.
- The largest spot size of any commercially available hair removal laser so treatments of larger body areas, such as the back or legs, can be performed more rapidly.
- Technology designed for the most comfortable and painless treatment.
- Device safety that is well established.
Skip inferior IPL hair treatments or lengthy uncomfortable laser sessions, and go straight to a medically developed and clinically tested high-speed laser for the permanent reduction of unwanted body and facial hair at amazingly fast speeds with incredible comfort. It is a fallacy that all laser clinics (even those with the same machine) will provide the same result. Lasers are sophisticated pieces of medical equipment requiring skill and experience to operate to maximum potential. All of our staff have many years of experience in the hair removal industry, and are all Beauty Therapy Diploma graduates with solid skin knowledge and Laser Safety Officer Certification.
We complete a comprehensive evaluation of your requirements and do not proceed with treatment until you have undergone a laser consultation and test patch to determine your suitability for treatment and the optimal settings for treatment. Consultations costs are fully redeemable against laser and other treatments.
Laser treatments can be purchased for single areas or, for best amazing value, in packages combining multiple areas in one session. We also offer special discounts for courses purchased upfront - enjoy a bonus session when you purchase a course of five.
ABOUT LIGHTSHEER DUET LASER TREATMENTS
COMPARE LIGHTSHEER DUET TO ALEXANDRITE LASER TREATMENT (CANDELA GENTLASE ETC)
LASER HAIR REMOVAL PRICING
Consultation Only $25 *Redeemable
Consultation with Test Patch $50 *Redeemable
Extended consultation (with 4 or more test patch areas) $75 *Redeemable
Disposeable High Speed applicator $30 (Purchase as required)
Shaving of your hair pre-treament by our laser staff (except for test patch appointments) 10% surcharge on laser price. Please arrive with well-shaved skin, except for test patch appointments
PRE CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR LASER
Please note the following important instructions prior to your laser consultation/test patch appointment, as well as all laser treatment sessions.
UV LIGHT AND HAIR REMOVAL
- Avoid Sun/UV for 4-6 weeks pre treatment – this includes sunbeds.
- Use SPF 15+ sunblock daily (also available from MISS FOX). Remember that you are exposed to UV light even when it is cloudy or through your car/office windows.
- Cover treatment areas with clothing when it is sunny to avoid building a tan (eg. wear shorts over the bikini area in summer).
- Reschedule your test patch or treatment if you have been in the sun - the risk of burns is too great (24 hours notice requested for appointment changes).
- Stop waxing/plucking/threading for at least 4-6 weeks before starting laser, to ensure the hairs have a ‘bulb’ in place. Shave hair between treatments as required.
MEDICATIONS AND TOPICAL PRODUCTS
Stop the following photosensitising supplements, creams, products or medications pre treatment (applies to every laser appointment including your test patch):
- ALL herbal and vitamin supplements – stop at least 2 weeks prior to starting laser and before any laser sessions.
- Drugs causing marked whole or localised sensitivity – wait 6 months before starting laser. Generally administered for systemic Photodynamic Therapy (PDT), e.g. Photofrin, Foscan, ALA, Metvix.
- Daily Tan / Self Tan / Spray tan – stop at least 2 weeks prior to using laser.
- Depilatory / Hair removal creams – stop at least 2 weeks prior to using laser.
- Citrus Essential Oils (Orange, Lemon, Mandarin, Lime, and Bergamot) – stop 48 hours prior to using laser.
- St John’s Wort – stop 4 weeks prior to using laser. If you have been using this herb for more than 1 month, or using strengths prescribed by a doctor or naturopath, wait 3 months.
- Topical Retinol / Vitamin A at cosmeceutical strength eg. Cosmedix, Aspect or Prescribed eg. adapalene (Differin), tretinoin (Stieva A, Retin A, Re Trieve), isotretinoin (Isotrex) and tazarotene (Zorac) – stop 2 weeks prior to starting laser. You can generally ignore this if the treatment is in a completely different area to where you use the products.
- Oral prescription Retinoids / Vitamin A eg. Roaccutane, Oratane, Accure, Isohexal – wait 12 months before starting laser
- Doxycycline, Tetracycline, Amiodarone and Minomycin (common in antibiotics, antimalarials and antidepressants) –
wait 4 weeks prior to starting laser.
- Oral steroids (not a photosensitizer but can affect skin healing) – stop for 1 week prior and immediately after laser treatment (for approximately 7 days or until skin is healed).
- For all other medications (with the exception of the contraceptive pill), you must check with your doctor for clearance prior to starting laser treatment. A doctor's clearance letter should be provided prior to treatment.
See your doctor first for advice before stopping any prescribed medications. This should not be considered as an exclusive list of drugs that may interact with the laser treatment. It does not replace any advice or instruction issued by a registered medical practitioner, pharmacist or other registered health professional.
*If you start taking new medications or supplements during your laser course, you MUST advise us at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled laser appointment. A new test patch, medical clearance or a reschedule of your appointment may be required.
TO SHAVE OR NOT TO SHAVE?
- For your test patch, leave hair to grow for 3-7 days so we can see and assess the hair thickness and colour before treatment. We will gently shave the area at your consult.
- For your actual laser treatments, shave hair well the night before.
POST TREATMENT FOR LASER
Post treatment with laser for hair removal, follow the aftercare advice below. Be sure to contact us in the case of any questions or concerns.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Because treated follicles have been heated, the area may become red and possibly swell for 1-3 days. Swelling results from heat, not infection, and is therefore normal and expected.
- Some hairs will appear ‘shrivelled’ and others may appear unaffected. This does not mean the treatment has not been successful as the Diode Laser generally treats the hair below the skin surface. Damage to hair occurs deeper than some other lasers, which enhances treatment safety and efficacy.
- You may notice ‘dead’ hair surfacing for 2-3 weeks after treatment. Although this may appear to be new growth, it is generally not. This process is called purging or shedding and will take time to complete. You should wipe away these hairs with a damp cloth or loofah once the sensitivity of treated area resolves. Start this exfoliating process 1 week after treatment, but no earlier.
- Crusts can occasionally form in some spots. This does not mean infection and does not mean the area will scar. Do NOT pick at the crusting.
TOPICAL CARE OF THE TREATED AREA
- Apply a cool compress to relieve swelling or warm sensations for 1-2 hours after treatment if needed.
- Apply a soothing / healing product as recommended by your therapist morning and night for 3-4 days after treatment if required. Aloe Vera straight from the fridge can be helpful.
- If you experience intense itching for a few days after treatment, applications of ice, Aloe Vera or what your therapist advises will help.
- Should a burn occur, a scab may form at the area and drop off in 7-10 days. Use an anti-bacterial ointment (eg. Savlon) on the treated area and to cover it with a dressing for a few days. This will protect the skin from being abraded and the site infected (a potential source of scar formation).
- Use only mineral makeup on areas that have been treated with laser for the first 48 hours (or until any burns have healed). We retail Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup at MISS FOX.
- Avoid deodorants and active products for 3-4 days post treatments (Vitamin A, Chemical Exfoliants). Resume use of usual topical agents and skincare when irritation resolves.
- Pat dry after showering, but do not pick or rub the treated areas.
- Do not scratch, pick or rub the area. Scratching or picking will have the same result as picking any scab or pimple, and the area could scar.
- Do not go in a spa/pool/sauna or anywhere that involves chlorine/chemicals or excessive heat for 24 to 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid the gym or excessive exercise for 24 to 48 hours after treatment. Avoid friction and anything that raises body temperature for 24-48 hours
- Wear clothing or sun block (SPF 15+) to protect the treated area from direct sun exposure. Be sure to reapply sun block throughout the day. Ask your therapist about suitable sunblock products available from MISS FOX. It is imperative to the success of future treatments and skin health to protect the skin from sun exposure while undergoing Laser hair removal treatments. No sun exposure on the treated area for at least 4-6 weeks before or after a treatment.
- It is ok to shave between treatments, but do not wax or tweeze as this will remove the target of the treatment (the hair bulb).
- Contact us immediately in case of... Blistering, scabbing, crusting, hyperpigmentation (darkened skin), hypopigmentation (lightened skin), purpura (bruising), swelling of the lympth nodes, herpes simplex activation and severe pain or swelling Phone 1300647736 (for urgent after hours advice select option #3). For medical emergencies call 000.