In these increasingly complicated times, it seems we have forgotten basic needs, like how to take care of and nurture ourselves. Self-care follows the same principles as the air hostess announcement on a plane – “you must put your own oxygen mask on first before assisting others”. Only when we attend to our own needs can we be truly present and supportive of those around us.
Self-care isn’t just about our physical health and needs -- emotional self-care is vital for our happiness and wellbeing. We know how to digest and process foods, and move and use our bodies. But how do you process and move through emotions?
Through this intimate discussion with Counsellor Brooke Cefai (Graduate Diploma of Counselling, Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and hosted by Managing Director of MISS FOX Melbourne, Victoria Fox, you will learn:
- What emotional self care is and its necessity.
- How to bring awareness to self talk or limiting beliefs and the impact this has on your emotional wellbeing.
- How to quieten an overactive or busy mind and re-connect to your internal wisdom and inner voice.
- How to respond to strong emotions, stress or anxiety, memories from the past, or projections in the future.
- Neuroplasticity & self care; what goes on in your brain & how we can use the basics of this concept to build and reinforce small but frequent self care practices.
- Cultivating emotional intelligence; drawing on acceptance and commitment, giving yourself permission and practicing self compassion.
- Developing a 'tool kit' of realistic strategies and wellbeing practices to make self care a priority in your life.
- This session includes an interview followed by an audience Q&A session. Tickets include refreshments and an opportunity to book a discovery session with Brooke at MISS FOX.
About Brooke Cefai
Brooke Cefai is a Melbourne based Counsellor & Wellbeing Facilitator who has spent two decades working in a number of diverse counselling and wellness settings in Sydney & Melbourne. This includes the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, Victims Services NSW, PWD Abuse & Neglect Hotline, Mission Australia Counselling Services, and Essential Energies Wellbeing Centre. Brooke’s qualifications include a Graduate Diploma of Counselling and Masters of Counselling and Psychotherapy. Wellness qualifications include a Certificate of Metaphysics and Advanced Certificate of Spiritual Healing. She is professionally registered with the Psychotherapy & Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA).
Brooke uses a holistic approach to counselling that draws on a number of counselling models and techniques chosen specifically to meet a person’s current needs. This approach considers physiological and psychological disorder as part of a greater whole and will focus on the relationship between body, mind and spirit to empower individuals to unlock their innate wisdom and potential. Brooke is further guided by a psychodynamic framework meaning within sessions the aim is to bring unconscious elements within one's life into consciousness and often requires an exploration of your past to understand the current impact on the present. Brooke is available for private counselling sessions at MISS FOX.
About MISS FOX Melbourne
Impeccable style, exceptional service, and a touch of magic define the MISS FOX experience. MISS FOX is an award-winning urban day spa, clinic and beauty salon, located in the heart of Melbourne. We believe beauty comes from taking time to connect with yourself — body, mind and spirit. We create beautiful self-care experiences through luxuriously delivered therapies, spanning beauty, skin, spa, hair and health. Enjoy 5-Star customer service, a gorgeous spa environment, caring staff and a stunning menu of grooming, therapeutic and cosmetic treatments, mindfully selected and carefully combined to deliver the ultimate in inner and outer beauty.
at MISS FOX Melbourne
Tuesday, 10 April 2018 from 7:00 pm to 8:15 pm
Tickets via Eventbrite here